New Freedoms – Same Responsibilities!
From Sunday, 1 August we are making some changes to our worship in the church. Although there are no longer formal Government restrictions on worship we will continue to follow Government and Methodist guidance in order to protect our congregation and community.
The last 16 months will have had a different impact on each one of us relating to how safe we feel and we encourage everyone attending worship to consider the feelings and sensitivities of those around them and how their actions will affect others.
In practice this means:
- Sunday services will revert to starting at 10.30 am
- If you feel unwell with any Covid-19 symptoms and haven't received a negative test result please do not attend worship
- We strongly encourage the continued wearing of masks while infections remain high to help others in the congregation feel safer
- The chairs will be back to the normal layout but rows will be spaced further apart. Please don’t sit near people you don’t live with if that would make them or you feel uncomfortable
- Singing can resume but while infections remain high we ask that you sit and wear a mask to sing. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask please do not sing
- Communion will continue to be taken in your seats for now
- We will not use any shared resources such as hymn books or bibles and there will be no offertory collection for now (alternative giving methods can be found here Church donations - LRMC Horsham and here Charity donations - LRMC Horsham)
- Please sanitise your hands on entry and check in using the NHS Covid app, or be prepared to give your contact details to the Welcome Steward if you are not part of our regular congregation, in order to support NHS Test and Trace (we will keep your details for 21 days after you attend and please see this data privacy information for details of how the Methodist Church looks after your data.)